Love Thyself.

Facebook has never spoken to me as much as it has in the past three minutes. Every single post discussed being happy with yourself. Taking time for yourself. Loving yourself. Right when I am at a point where I don't know what I want for my future. If you have read any other blog leading to this point, all of my blogs basically say the same thing. It is weird how one day I want this and the next I want completely opposite. Maybe some of this emotion has to do with the fact that I'll be 30 in just a few weeks or I just read my Horoscope for the first time in years and it was fairly accurate.

Independence.

That's all my horoscope said. Well, not all, but some of it isn't appropriate ;) It did mention also that I get bored easily. I'm sick of online dating because, well, it gets boring. I didn't think it would be hard to find someone that is cute and can hold a conversation. Ha. But really though. I do have to say it's been nice stepping out of my comfort zone and maybe that will help with meeting new people. One thing I did this past weekend? I went to a country club (Yes, you heard that right) and a guy asked me to dance. So I did. I have never danced to country music. I just know how to booty shake. But here I was, listening to his instructions and going with the flow. And I liked it! The following day my "wifey" and I randomly met up with these two guys. We went to dinner (or breakfast, lunch, I don't know....we ate breakfast food at 11:30pm lol) and just chilled for hours. And laughed. And laughed. And laughed. It was so fun. Sometimes it's nice to get out of your comfort zone. Just have fun and see what's out there. Although the biggest step I am taking.....going to Hawaii in a few weeks to see a guy that I haven't seen in 11+ years. Whoa. Oh yeah. And by the time I get back, I'll be 30.

Eeeee.

Although I have never been married, don't have kids, I do have accomplishments. To make myself feel better, here is a list of what I have accomplished lately. Obviously there is more, but just to name a few:

2012 Graduated with my Bachelor's Degree
2012 Bought my Condo
2015 Published my book

2085 Got married???

Haha marriage seems so far away. Love seems so far away. Sometimes I want my cake and eat it too. I want to be single and hang out with girls, meet new people, dance with guys, and just have so much fun. The other part says....Dude, you are 30. You should have kids by now or else you won't be able to have any. You should have been at least engaged leading up to this point. Why hasn't anyone asked you to marry them? Why haven't you had kids?

But, to be honest, the way that my life has been laid out up to this point, I am fairly happy. I've gone through ups, I've gone through downs, I've gone through successes, I've gone through failures. 29 was the age of finding myself and having fun and not caring. 30.....30......30 will be a year of love. 30 will be a year of releasing the single life and taking on adulthood.

Maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

Chrissy Teigen's Cheesy-Knife-and-Fork Meatball Subs from Cravings 2