"I'm Doing Me"

What does it mean when someone says, "Do You", "Spend Time on You", "I'm Doing Me", I have always wondered that because after four months of being single, I am getting that more from people. To focus on me and do what I want to do and then someone might come along. But how do I know when I'm done "doing me?" if it's such an activity. What if I'm not done "doing me" and someone walks into my life? Do I stop doing that to focus on him? If so, how do I know he is even "the one" anyway?

In case you can't tell, I over analyze. A lot. One day I want to be single and date other people and the next, missing having someone there. Actually, every day, without fail, I do think of having someone there, being in a relationship, someone to call, someone to message every day, someone to cuddle with, someone to watch games with. So if this is my mindset, is it still okay to focus on me, yet in the back of my mind be thinking of someone else? How do I get out of this mindset of needing or wanting someone in my life? Is it because I have been in a relationship the last 8 years of my life (plus or minus 8 months) so this is what I am used to?

The more I think about it, the more I realize that anyone who says they don't want a relationship and they want to focus on "doing me", they are probably lying. I have said that recently -- I don't want to be in a relationship. But really? If I think about men 24/7 and I am so used to having someone there, why would I not want that? I mean, eventually I do want to meet someone, fall in love, get married, have kids, etc. If I don't want a relationship right now but have someone that I'm compatible with that really likes me, falls in love with me, and I like him as well, why would I NOT want a relationship? I don't think you meet someone, hang out a few times, and not consider a relationship because you're too busy focusing on yourself? You get to know someone, hang out, still focus on yourself but if a relationship happens, it happens. It's not necessarily something you can predict will happen or hold off because....you are doing "you". 

So many thoughts in this post, I have just had a lot of thoughts lately. Single? Relationship? Hook up? Dating? Clubbing? What in the world am I doing?

XoXo
Abbie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier