Seattle + Oregon = August 2016

My trip last week (/two days ago) was so fun that I figured I would share a blog post about it! This was my second time to Seattle but first to Portland and this was such a fun, activity-filled trip! 

Bill Speidel's Underground Tour:
This was recommended to me by a friend and SO much fun! In 1889, there was a HUGE fire in Seattle that burned 30 blocks of businesses. Because of this and the horrible sewage/plumbing in the town, the city decided to rebuild Seattle 22 feet above. Because of this, you now have the chance to go Underground and see some of the old businesses and buildings. They had a gift shop at the end of the tour and, of course, I had to pick up the book that was banned from schools :) A little bit of curiosity never hurt anyone, right? 















As we walked out and browsed the city of Seattle, this is what we saw:








Space Needle:
The view was phenomenal! The weather was perfect, our names were added to the list of those who visited, and it was such a great experience! This was so worth the views 100%! 









Chihuly Garden and Glass:
This museum full of artwork was nothing like I have ever seen. Unfortunately my phone died so I was only able to catch a few photos. This was something that was fun and there was so much talent that went into this glasswork! 




Multnomah Falls:
Next was Multnomah Falls in Portland, Oregon. Never have I done a legit hike on a vacation, but this was chosen by Alexis and she did good! This hike was short, less than 1 mile up, but so pretty! The waterfall is huge and you can actually stand on the bridge in the middle! 






Anatomy Tattoo:
Last, but not least, Andrew and I got our tattoos together in Portland! Our last name, Guerrero, means Warrior in Spanish so we both got swords. 




Such an amazing trip :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

Chrissy Teigen's Cheesy-Knife-and-Fork Meatball Subs from Cravings 2