Fried and Toasted Ravioli Recipe

I had a few essential items to purchase yesterday so I had to go to the store. I had several people that were SO nice to me -unlike my last store experience about a month ago. This very nice guy helped me with getting toilet paper that I couldn't reach on the shelf and these two ladies let me go in front of them in line since they had a cart full of items. Even though we are dealing with such a tragedy and loss due to the Coronavirus, there are still very kind people out there. 

Boyfriend sent me this recipe for Toasted Ravioli and I thought it looked delicious enough. My last experience with making something fried didn't pan out so that did make me a little nervous - but quite honestly, it turned out perfectly! As always, I seem to forget ingredients - even though I was literally at the store - so I made this one my own. The original recipe is from AllRecipes HERE

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp milk
1 egg
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp salt
16oz bag of frozen ravioli - we had beef, spinach and cheese-filled
1.5 cups vegetable oil
Taco cheese mix - or parmesan cheese if you have it
12oz of spaghetti sauce


Directions:
Combine milk and egg in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs and salt. 


In a large saucepan, pour all of the oil and set heat to medium. Let sit until a small amount starts to sizzle and it's nice and hot. Dip each individual ravioli into the milk mixture and then the breadcrumbs. Fry the ravioli in the oil for a few minutes, or until brown. 


Because mine were frozen, I cooked them a little bit longer so some were burnt/crispy and others were perfectly brown.While they are frying, pour spaghetti sauce in another pan and heat over medium until it bubbles. 


Reduce the heat to simmer. Drain ravioli on paper towel, sprinkle with cheese and dip in marinara/spaghetti sauce immediately.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier