Keto Turkey and Sausage Meatball Parmesan Casserole

As most of you know - Kevin, Jace and I are moving to the Barstow area next month. Kevin and I went down to Barstow this past Friday through yesterday to see if there is an apartment or area that we like. We did find an apartment in Hesperia (close to Barstow and Victorville) that we will be applying to shortly. Fingers crossed.

Since I was down there all weekend, I of course did not make any food. But this week I will be back on schedule with the posts. Unfortunately, my hours at my job declined so starting next Friday I will have Fridays off until the virus situation clears up. I'm thinking Friday may be my "blog day" but we will see. I also only work 4 hours a day instead of 5. Even though I'm working less, I feel like I had way more to get done today. Maybe it's also because we were gone four days so I had a lot to catch up on.

I ordered Instacart today and the last two times I have ordered, I have gotten food within 24 hours or less which is really surprising. A few things were gone and they still have limits on certain items but I was able to get most of what I requested.

Tonight I made Keto Turkey and Sausage Meatball Parmesan Casserole from Joy Filled Eats HERE. My eating while I was gone was all fast food but I gained less than a pound so I'm fairly happy about that. I'm definitely far from where I want to be. I did take a few virtual Zumba lessons last week which were SO fun and I'm hoping to do one or two more this week. Anyways, back to the recipe. I plan on making some delicious meals this week so be on the lookout. Below is tonight's recipe. The biggest different in ours was we didn't include Zucchini. We replaced it with cheddar cheese. I also initially put the meatballs into a pan and then moved them to a cast-iron skillet. Delicious! Let me know below if you made these and what you thought!

Ingredients for the Meatballs:
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound ground sausage
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 egg
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt



Casserole ingredients:
1 jar pasta sauce
8oz cheddar cheese
Oregano, on top

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients for the meatballs and mix together.


Make about 20-24 meatballs and put them in a casserole dish.


Bake for 30 minutes.




Move them to a cast-iron skillet, top with sauce and cheese and bake for 15 more minutes.




Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier