Shredded Mexican Chicken Burritos

I feel like the more blogs I write, the more stressful my life becomes - not because of cooking and food but just because of life and what I am going through. Kevin and I decided last night that we are no longer moving to Barstow, there are too many hurdles and just so much that we need to do in a short time-span so we decided we are staying in this area. We haven't found a place yet which is why I haven't really made any type of other announcement besides this - we are thinking we will stay in Atascadero/Paso area or on-base. Not totally sure yet but we have three weeks to decide.

In the meantime, I have two positive notes:
-I can't even believe this but yesterday I had 879 blog views! What!? How?
-I finally won a giveaway! This morning I won a $15 Amazon gift card from a Facebook giveaway :)

I'll share more life updates as I know more :)

I have still been cooking and I'm not sure if that will ever change. Last night I made these Shredded Mexican Chicken Burritos that turned out SO good but there were a lot of steps involved. It was two recipes from Carlsbad Cravings - one for the chicken that can be found HERE and one for the burritos which can be found HERE. I combined them both into one blog. For the Shredded Mexican Chicken, we didn't use green chilis, ground chipotle chili pepper, or hot sauce. Our updated and full recipe is below.

Ingredients for the Chicken:
- One large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp liquid smoke


Ingredients for the Burritos:
- Chicken (above recipe)
- Flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil

Directions for the Chicken:
Rub chicken breast with olive oil and place in slow cooker. Add all of the remaining ingredients. Cook on high 3.5 hours, shred chicken and cook for 30 more minutes.




Directions for the Burritos: 
Prepare Mexican Chicken according to directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the burritos by adding 1/2 cup of the filling to each tortilla followed by the cheese and any toppings that you want cooked. Roll them up and place in a pan. Brush top of each burrito with olive oil and cook for 20 minutes, or until golden.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier