Moist and Delicious Banana Bread

You guys...we are moving in two weeks and have no idea where we are going to live. Talk about stressful! I am so glad that we have cooking and baking that can take my mind off the stress - even if it's just for a few minutes. Last night I made this banana bread (I can finally cross off "Made Bread" off the Coronavirus Bingo list!) and I'm pretty sure I haven't made bread from scratch before. I had saved this photo from Facebook and I have NO idea who posted it - if you know who it is, let me know so I can give proper credit!


Just like I mentioned in the previous two recipes, I ran out of flour so I have been using cornstarch. This recipe was no different (flour is on my next grocery delivery). I followed the recipe pretty closely, I used butter and then instead of sugar, I always use Monkfruit. I stirred in two beaten eggs and 3 smashed bananas and then salt, baking soda, and 1 1/4 cup cornstarch. Then folded in 1/3 cup walnuts. I had to cook it a little bit longer because it wasn't cooked enough in the middle so I cooked it for about 45 minutes initially then maybe another 5-10 minutes. 

Bryan (my roommate) came out of his room and was like, "ABBIE! WHAT DID YOU MAKE? IT SMELLS SO GOOD!" and this bread is literally gone in 24 hours. I definitely plan on making this recipe again. No one even knew I used Cornstarch and Monkfruit.....shhhhhh. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier