Slow Cooker Turkey White Bean Chili

I initially wasn't going to post this recipe but when everyone liked it, I changed my mind :) I'm not a huge fan of ground turkey but I've been trying to focus on eating a little bit healthier since I haven't worked out in a few weeks. Jace and I had this recipe with tortilla chips and Kevin put it on his hot dog as like a chili dog. The only thing that made this recipe not-so-basic was all of the seasonings that went into it. It seemed like 25,000 ;) Most likely you will have most of these seasonings on-hand. Super easy to make and the original recipe is actually a Chicken recipe and can be found HERE. If you make this, let me know what you add or do to make it more interesting!

Ingredients:
4 cups chicken broth
2 cans of Bush's Beans Great Northern (white beans)
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 pound ground turkey
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder


Directions:
In a skillet, on medium heat, heat the ground turkey until done, about 5 minutes. Drain. Add to a crockpot. Add the chicken broth, white beans, parsley, cumin, oregano, paprika, crushed red pepper, pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir and cook on high for 6 hours. Serve on hot dogs or with tortilla chips! We also added mozzarella cheese on top for more flavor.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier