Living Single and Enjoying Single

Two months ago I never thought I would be at this point.
I am back to my normal self and I am starting to enjoy things.
I go on dates, take care of myself, relax, and bowl every Sunday.
The past two weeks have been AMAZING. Like really beyond amazing.

A week and a half ago to celebrate my birthday, Sister Amanda, KC, and the three girls went to Vegas and California with me. I did not realize how much I needed my California family. Nana and Amanda took it upon themselves to have a birthday celebration for me at my favorite pizza place - Klondike's! Then back home for cake and ice cream. I have never felt more love than that night. And to have Morgan there too was great. He is an amazing person.

Last week was my birthday week and I celebrated by getting a massage, shopping, and going to the Jazz game with Jason. I could not have asked for a better birthday. And being single did not stop me from having a great time. Believe it or not, Kevin did text me on my birthday. I didn't feel excitement. I didn't feel sad. I just felt like....him not being with me is his loss. And I would never go back to him.

I bowled my high of 120 (lame, I know!) last week when I went bowling on a date. I have actually enjoyed bowling outside of my league. I am going bowling again Thursday and it's really helping me build confidence in my game. Last week I was five pins away from another 300 series.

Sunday was Emerson's 3rd birthday party. I bought her a Utah Jazz outfit and we went to the second Utah Jazz game for her this season. She liked it more the first time but I love spending quality time with my nieces. Her birthday party was Frozen-themed and Amanda hired an Elsa to sing with the kids and take pictures. Eme was SO happy! She had her dress and crown and I was so happy to see her as a little princess. She is a princess and I love those girls more than anyone will ever know.

Last week was busy with dates and fun and this week I am okay with relaxing, watching Jazz games and working out. Everyone says to "focus on you" and I don't like that. Instead, I am just living day by day and not focusing on a relationship. If it happens, it happens. I am not forcing anything and I am just having fun. I do not want to settle down right now. And two months ago, I would not have said this, but this feeling of contentment is one thing that I am thankful for.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier