One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Pasta

So, a funny story. Yesterday my cousin and I were talking about all of the non-healthy food recipes that have been on my blog and thought we should rename my blog "Cheese and Carbs" or "Carbs and Cheese" and then, all of the sudden, I make a decently healthy recipe. I made this recipe a few nights ago from Tasty (which, by the way, I LOVE their recipes! I even have their cookbook) and it's a One Pot Chicken and Brocolli Pasta. Yes, this does have cheese, but overall, it's chicken and brocolli. I feel like this is one of the better recipes I have made.


Ingredients:
Vegetable Oil
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 teaspoon salt
pepper, to taste
onion powder, to taste
frozen broccoli, half a bag
3 cups milk
12oz bowtie pasta
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
More cheese on top



Directions:
Heat oil in a big pan. Add in the cubed chicken, season with salt, pepper, and season salt if you would like, and cook. Once the chicken is brown and cooked through, remove it from the pan and set aside. Add in more oil, onion powder, and broccoli. Cover for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Pour in milk and bring to a boil. Stir periodically. Once the milk starts bubbling, add in pasta and move the heat down to medium. Stir until pasta reaches your desired doneness, about 10 minutes. While this is cooking, slowly add in parmesan and mozzarella cheese. With about two minutes left, add in the chicken and the rest of the cheese. Take off heat and enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier