Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Rice

Since I spent three days at my cousin's house earlier this week, all we did was eat Buffalo Wild Wings, cookies, Spaghetti and other amazing food. Last night was back to cooking for me. I wanted to make something simple and so I chose the Crockpot Chicken and Rice. The original recipe can be found HERE and I made a few changes below. I am very picky with chicken recipes because usually the recipes end up with dry chicken. My new favorite chicken recipes have been creamy and this one was no different. So good! If you make this, comment below and let me know what you think!

Ingredients:
3 medium-sized boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 10oz can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup half and half
2 cups instant white rice


Directions:
Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker and sprinkle with parsley, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. 

Whisk together the cream of chicken soup and half and half and pour over the top of the chicken breasts. 

Set the crockpot to low for 5 hours. When the chicken is cooked through, shred the chicken using two forks. 


Continue cooking for 30 more minutes. Add the cooked rice and stir and cook for 15 more minutes. 




Serve with Pillsbury Grand Biscuits. Enjoy!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier