Easy Fried Chicken

Last night Kevin wasn't feeling too well so I made a quick and early dinner of fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. Although it takes about 15 minutes overall to make, we did put the drumsticks in buttermilk in the fridge for 24 hours. 

I took them out of the fridge and let them sit for about 5 minutes. I poured a lot of vegetable oil in our cast iron skillet and turned to medium/high heat and let it get hot. In the meantime, we bought Dixie Fry coating mix and I put it in a separate bowl. 

I "hired" Jace to help me place each drumstick in the bowl and coat it with the coating mix. 



Once the fried oil is sizzling (just splash a little water on it - if it sizzles, it's ready!) slowly place each drumstick in the fried oil and let sit on one side for about 6-7 minutes. 


Flip and cook for 5-7 more minutes until done on the inside and crispy on the outside. 


Use tongs to take out each drumstick and serve with your favorite sides. Super easy!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier