Broccoli and Cheese Twice-Baked Potatoes

This recipe originated from HERE

I'll be honest, I don't like baked potatoes. But there is something about twice-baked that makes them so delicious. I took the recipe and made it my own based on our preferences. 

Ingredients
4 medium potatoes, washed and dried
olive oil
3 1/2 tablespoons butter, soft
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
one bag of frozen broccoli, cooked, chopped, and divided
2 cups cheese 


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes in a baking dish and bake for one hour. Remove from oven. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice each one in half, lengthwise. 


Scoop out the potato pulp and place it in a large bowl. I used an ice cream scoop as it made it easier to scoop. Be sure to leave the skins intact and leave them on the baking sheet. Put some olive oil on the bottom of each skin and set aside. 


Add the butter to the potato pulp and mash. I did not have a potato masher or an electric mixer so I used a whisk and it seemed to work fine. Add Greek yogurt, buttermilk, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and 3/4 cup of the cheese. When it came to the garlic and onion powder, I did not follow the 1/2 teaspoon and just put some in there based on my own discretion before mixing.


Once the mix is combined, divide the filling among the potato shells then top with remaining cheese. After the mashing was complete, I realized I had way too much so don't be surprised if you have extra filling. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Top with sour cream and enjoy!   


Did you try this recipe? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! ðŸ‘‡ðŸ‘‡ðŸ‘‡


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier