Healthy Chili Cheese Nachos

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season! I had an amazing Christmas Eve with my grandparents, cousins, aunt and uncle! Then I spent Christmas with Kevin, Jace, and Dominique. It was wonderful. For Christmas I received The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook and an Instant Pot so look forward to those recipes in the near future!

My goal before Christmas was to create two new blog posts for you guys - a healthy chili cheese nacho recipe and a fried chicken recipe. Unfortunately, I didn't get to either one before Christmas so I apologize. The holiday season has been extremely busy for me. But here I am to share the healthy chili cheese nachos that I found from Eating Well HERE.

Although extremely delicious, I noticed the recipe was mainly taco-seasoned ground beef on top of chips. There is no actual chili in this recipe. Still delicious but just so you know what to expect:) Here is our version of the Healthy Chili Cheese Nachos. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
-1 pound ground beef
-1 tbsp onion powder
-1 tbsp garlic powder
-2 tbsp chili powder
-1 tbsp ground cumin
-2 tsp dried oregano
-1(14oz) can diced tomatoes
-1/4 cup water
-One bag of tortilla chips
-2 cups cheddar shredded cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook beef, onion and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, 8-10 minutes. 


Stir in chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook for 30 seconds. Add tomato, with juice, and water and simmer for 5-10 minutes. 


Top chips with chili and cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 7 minutes. 




Add toppings if you would like such as sour cream, olives, or lettuce. 

Also, my amazing grandparents got me new cookware and bakeware for Christmas (YAY!) so hopefully, moving forward, the photos and bakeware will look cleaner and nicer and not dirty and gross ;) 

Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier