Homemade Meatball Subs

I apologize ahead of time that the last two blog posts have been full of carbs. I'm supposed to be on a low-carb diet but sometimes things just come up and you have to eat the carbs. I am very proud to say that as of this morning, I am down 9.3 pounds since the end of June! And I maintained my weight throughout Thanksgiving so I think, overall, I'm on a better track.

A few nights ago I made these Homemade Meatball Subs. Initially, I did look for a Low Carb recipe, but they seemed like way too much work. I worked for five hours, had an hour doctor appointment and just wanted to make dinner as quickly as possible. Well, this recipe wasn't "quick" per-se but it would have taken way more time to make the Low Carb version. The recipe we pulled from was AllRecipes HERE. We created our own below. I also let Jace help me with this one. He doesn't like getting his hands dirty but once he put his hands in to start forming the meatballs, he started to enjoy it!

Ingredients:
1.5 pounds ground beef
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 french baguettes
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp roasted garlic powder
1 pinch salt
2 14oz jars of spaghetti sauce
4 slices provolone cheese
4 slices of pepperjack cheese
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
1 tbsp basil seasoning
1 egg
2 tbsp italian seasoning


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, italian seasoning, garlic powder, basil, Parmesan Cheese, and egg by hand.


Shape into 15 meatballs and place into a sprayed baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes. While baking, cut the baguette in half lengthwise. Brush with olive oil, garlic powder and salt. Slip the baguette into the oven during the last 5-10 minutes of the meatball's time. While the bread toasts, warm the spaghetti sauce in a pot over medium heat. When the meatballs are done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to the sauce.


Spoon onto the baguette and top with slices of provolone cheese/pepperjack cheese. Return to oven for 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Cut into servings and enjoy!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier