What to do with Thanksgiving Leftovers? Make a Thanksgiving Casserole!

How was your Thanksgiving Day? I was able to spend mine with my cousins and grandparents down in Pismo Beach, California. It was beautiful. My cousin made an amazing turkey and sent me home with basically all of it ðŸ¦ƒðŸ¦ƒ I didn't mind but I had NO IDEA what to do with all the leftovers. Kevin and I were talking about it and he said that growing up, his Mom made a Thanksgiving Casserole. I don't remember ever having a Thanksgiving Casserole but when he mentioned it, it sounded delicious!

This recipe is actually his moms + a little bit of our own creativity. Please let me know your thoughts and if you tried this recipe! It was seriously SO goods. I also have to warn you, if you enjoy carbs, this is the meal for you. If you are on a diet (like I'm supposed to be), don't look at this recipe because you will be tempted!

Ingredients:
- Two packets of brown gravy
- Two packets of powdered mashed potatoes
- Turkey, cubed, two cups or so
- 1 can of corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded



Directions:
This is a layered casserole so you are going to first spray a casserole dish with PAM. Your first layer will be mashed potatoes so use a spatula and pour one thin layer of mashed potatoes into the dish. Be sure to make the potatoes and gravy beforehand. I also used some Thanksgiving leftover potatoes and corn as well :) 


Follow this with brown gravy, followed by corn, and turkey.


Do this three times, ending with mashed potatoes. Since we didn't have enough mashed potatoes to put on the very top, we used hash browns and OH MY WORD it made it taste so good. Then we topped it off with cheddar cheese.


Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Check it and then extend 5-10 minutes if needed. When you take it out, it should be a casserole of deliciousness. I ate two servings last night and two servings for lunch which is why I'm about to take my butt to the gym ;)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier