Chicken Fried Chicken

I know, I know, it seems like every recipe lately has been a chicken recipe but, what can I say, we are starting to find better and better chicken recipes so that truly is a lot of what we have had lately. Earlier this week we had Chicken Fried Chicken and it was SO good. That is another thing I say often, but really, I will definitely be making this again and I wish I would have made more. The original recipe can be found HERE. I purchased a country gravy packet so I didn't make the gravy portion that is in the original recipe. I don't typically use salt so I did not add it. I used milk in place of buttermilk and no hot sauce.

Ingredients:
10 thin sliced chicken breasts
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cup milk
1 egg
Vegetable oil for frying

Directions:
Heat oil in a large pan on the stove. Once you can flick water on it and it starts to sizzle, that's when you know it's ready. While it's getting ready, in a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, pepper, and garlic powder. In another bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Dredge your chicken in the flour, egg mixture and back to flour mixture. Place chicken in the oil and fry each side 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. 



Serve with potatoes and green beans and top with a country gravy packet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier