Sweet and Sour Chicken

Happy Friday!

I can finally say that I am so happy that the weekend is here. It seems like I always have a "crazy week" but I am so ready for a break. I just want to lay in bed and binge watch "You" on Netflix. Anyone else?

Earlier this week we made this delicious Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe. This recipe from Moms Dish can be found here: https://momsdish.com/recipe/421/easy-sweet-and-sour-chicken

I initially royally messed up on making this chicken but I kind of turned it into my own (and I've fried chicken enough to know how to do it) so my updated directions are below. I removed salt from the ingredients (I hardly ever use salt), I used garlic powder instead of garlic cloves, and did not use garlic parsley salt.

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2-1 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar/monkfruit
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup no sugar ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

Directions:
Place the chicken pieces in a large mixing bowl followed by cornstarch, pepper, salt, and garlic powder and stir until evenly coated. 


Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Let it get hot before cooking. This is where my directions will differ than the original recipe. Whisk eggs in a bowl and dip each chicken piece into the egg. Then dip it back into the cornstarch mixture (or you can use flour). Place in the frying pan for about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden. If they burn, the heat is too high. Set your oven to 350 degrees F. 


Place the fried chicken in a baking dish in a single layer. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, and apple cider vinegar. 


Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 30 minutes. Turn over every 10-15 minutes. 


Serve with organic rice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier