Skillet Sesame Chicken

Would you believe me if I said it snowed in our area yesterday? We are in Central California so not only is this rare, but rain is also rare. I woke up at 4:50am to rain and wind and it's supposed to be like this through Tuesday. I have a little anxiety from last month when we had a huge storm (power lines down, it took me 1.5 hours to get Jace at school, we had a child who is still missing who got swept away in the flooding) and it will haunt me for a long time. 

Anyways, I finally have the chance to share a Chicken Sesame recipe that I made earlier this week (or maybe last week, I'm not entirely sure) and it's from Kidney.org and can be found HERE. The original recipe is for the grill and we made ours on the stove.  

Ingredients:
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (just spray a pan, add it to the stove on medium heat and let the seeds cook for a few minutes)
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp Sherry Wine Vinegar
2 large chicken breasts


Directions:
Add the sesame seeds, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and wine vinegar to a bowl. Set aside. 

Slice chicken into strips and add to the bowl. 

Spray a stir fry pan with PAM or cooking spray and add it to the stove on medium-high heat. Cook 3-5 minutes per side or until fully cooked. 

Serve with rice and macaroni and cheese. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier