Ground Turkey Pasta

Last week I made this insanely delicious Ground Turkey Pasta from Insanely Good Recipes that can be found HERE

I'm so proud of the success that I have made the past almost-three months with Noom. I have been eating more ground turkey, whole wheat, whole grain, fruits and vegetables, less protein bars (thanks to my sister!) and less Coke Zero when possible. As of today I am at my very lowest weight since being on Noom almost 3-months ago and I'm down 5 pounds, my BMI is down by 1.0 and my body fat is down by 1.5%. Holy moly. It's been a lot of changes but I'm really happy and proud of my accomplishments so far. 

I hope you enjoy this pasta recipe as much as I did! In this recipe, I used onion powder instead of onion, and garlic powder instead of garlic.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
3 cups whole grain rotini pasta
1 jar organic pasta sauce
8oz organic chicken broth
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese


Directions:
Using a large skillet, brown the turkey, onion powder and garlic powder over medium heat for 8 minutes. Add basil and oregano and stir in the uncooked pasta until combined. Add pasta sauce and chicken broth and bring the pot to a boil. 


Reduce heat, cover and cook until pasta is al dente, about 7-10 minutes. Garnish with parmesan cheese and enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier