Healthy Homemade Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I have made these Garlic Mashed Potatoes several times. This recipe is from Noom and has been my go-to. Even though they have sour cream in them, Jace (12 years) loves them and asks for seconds every time. You don't even need gravy or butter because they are so creamy on their own. I have used red and brown potatoes, I use fat free milk instead of skim milk, garlic powder instead of garlic, and I don't typically use salt when I cook so I eliminate it from this recipe.

Ingredients:
5-6 unpeeled red potatoes, cut into pieces
1/4 cup fat free milk
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
Pepper

Directions:
In a medium saucepan, combine the potatoes and enough water to cover. 

Add the milk and garlic powder. 

Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce to medium. Cook for 20 minutes and the potatoes should be tender. Drain the potatoes. Return to the pan. Add the sour cream and mash until smooth. 

Top with pepper. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier