Almond Butter Chocolate Protein Bites

About a week ago I was browsing Instagram and I noticed this lady on there who had lost 53 pounds and was sharing amazing snack recipes. I found this recipe from her - hers is called Better For You Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls and can be found HERE. I am trying to lose weight and I'm also trying to find alternative snacks because I do love snacking. These protein bites I have eaten every day, 1-2 per day, since making them last weekend. I don't typically like dark chocolate (the better-for-you chocolate) so it took a minute for me to adjust to them but they are TASTY! Here is the direct video to her recipe HERE

I have since made another recipe of hers and I also have a few more in the works. I changed a few things around compared to her recipe. We used almond butter instead of peanut butter, white flour instead of almond flour, brown rice crispy cereal instead of regular, and sugar free syrup instead of regular syrup. Either way, these are to die for and I will be making them again!

Ingredients:
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown rice crispy cereal
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup sugar free syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp organic coconut oil

In a mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, flour, rice crispy cereal, oats, syrup and vanilla. Stir to combine. 

Make peanut butter mixture into small balls using your hands and place on a cookie sheet. 



Freeze for 15-30 minutes. 

In a small bowl, mix the chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave until completely melted. Dip each peanut butter bite into the melted chocolate. 



Place back onto the cookie sheet and freeze for 15-30 more minutes. 


After I had a few, I put them in the fridge for the rest of the week:) 


If you make them, let me know below! Also, I suggest adding Madison on Instagram for more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier