Cheesy Shredded Chicken Nachos


I'll be honest, I've never had made-from-scratch Cheesy Chicken Nachos but these were pretty tasty! Click HERE to read the full recipe. We made some major changes but they still turned out pretty good! The recipe calls for shredded chicken so I put some chicken in a crockpot this morning, mixed it with chicken broth, garlic powder, and onion powder and let it sit for about five hours.

I then added a BBQ seasoning mix that I found at the store to the crockpot and since there was already chicken broth in the crockpot, I used that as the liquid. I mixed it up, shredded the chicken, and let it mix together on high for about 30 minutes.


I preheated the oven to 350 degrees. I took two tortillas, cut them each into eight pieces like a pizza, lined them next to each other on a cookie sheet, melted butter and applied it to each piece and then topped it with more garlic and onion powder and baked them for eight minutes. I did not stack them or overlap them.

The original recipe called for topping the tortillas with the BBQ seasoning but I read that a little too late and I actually liked it in with the chicken just as much :)

In a bowl, I mixed together the chicken, bacon bits, BBQ sauce and put a little scoop on each "chip". I then topped each one with shredded cheese and cooked for another eight minutes. When done, I topped mine with sour cream and tomatoes but you can top yours with whatever you prefer! I didn't take a lot of photos because it was a busy day but I did take a photo after all of them were almost gone :) Enjoy!

Ingredients:
one pack of BBQ Seasoning
melted butter
two tortillas
shredded chicken
1/4 cup bacon bits
1 cup BBQ sauce
grated cheese





Comments

  1. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show
    up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyhow,
    just wanted to say superb blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier