Baked Chicken Tacos

The original recipe was for Spicy Baked Chicken Tacos that can be found HERE. We actually changed the original recipe up quite a bit and I'm a little embarrassed to say this but I had three of these tacos in one sitting. They were SO good. I would say this was one of my favorite recipes I have made to-date.

                                             

Normally when I have regular tacos, I use beef and I will either not bake the taco shells or bake them once. This one we baked twice (once just the shells and the second time with everything in it) which made it SO much better! Please leave your comments, recommendations, or changes below! I would love to see how you made these :) ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Ingredients:
olive oil
2 cups shredded (cooked) chicken
one packet taco seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
10 stand and stuff taco shells
1 can refried beans
colby jack cheese (lots of it!)
1/2 cup salsa verde
chicken broth (enough to soak chicken mixture)

Toppings:
sour cream
shredded lettuce
olives

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add chicken, taco seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salsa verde and chicken broth in the skillet. Stir in enough chicken broth to have the chicken and mixture soaking in it. Simmer for 5-8 minutes. Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up. Bake the taco shells for five minutes at 400 degrees. Spoon in enough refried beans to cover the bottom of the taco shells and top with chicken mixture until it reaches the top of the shell. Sprinkle each shell with cheese (as much as you want) and bake for 7 minutes. The cheese should be fully melted and the edges of the shells should be brown. Remove from oven and add toppings. Enjoy!





Comments

  1. Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization? I'm trying to get my
    blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good
    success. If you know of any please share. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.
    I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier