Cheesy Chicken Enchilada in a Cast-Iron Skillet

My Mom sent me this recipe a few weeks ago and I couldn't wait to make it. My boyfriend and I made it the night of Valentine's Day together and it was really delicious! The full and original recipe can be found HERE. Our version is below.

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon olive oil
onion powder
garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt
20 ounces of enchilada sauce
1/4 cup sour cream
4 corn tortillas, divided into fourths
4 cups shredded chicken
1 (15oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
3 ounces colby jack cheese (or more)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. In a bowl, add the olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, enchilada sauce, and sour cream. Tear each corn tortilla into four pieces. Layer the corn tortillas on top of the mixture by stacking three pieces on top of each other and layering them in a circle.

Add the chicken on top of the tortillas followed by the beans. Stir the entire mixture. Spoon the mixture into the cast-iron skillet and cook over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat and sprinkle cheese on top. Move skillet to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about five minutes. Let cool and top with sour cream, more cheese, and jalapenos. Enjoy!




Comments

  1. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
    My website is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you
    present here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier