Chrissy Teigen's Seared Steak and Asparagus in Cravings Book

Last night I used my cast iron skillet for the second time. I tried Chrissy Teigen's Seared Steak recipe in her Cravings cookbook. The link to the exact recipe can be found HERE. The original recipe has spicy garlic miso butter which I did not use. The recipe has been altered below and I made it my own. I also heard (but haven't confirmed) that it can take "six weeks" to get used to how the cast iron skillet works? This could explain why it took longer to cook the steak. Or maybe it's just a temperature difference, not too sure. If anyone has any advice or use a cast iron skillet, I would love to hear your comments or recommendations in the comments below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️




Ingredients (Steak and Asparagus)
1-2 pounds Boneless Rib Eye Steak
Salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
Asparagus, bottoms snapped off and cut into 2-inch lengths
1 cup chicken broth

Directions
Heat a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat until screaming hot, 6-7 minutes. Pat the steak dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper. Lay the steak in the pan and let be for 5 minutes. Flip again for another 5-minutes for medium-rare. I like my steak medium (no pink) so I probably cooked it another 15 minutes. I also feel like my steak was fairly big so I cut them in half so they would cook better. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest.

The original recipe said to pour all but 1 tablespoon of the steak grease out of the pan but I didn't have much so I left all of it in. Add the butter, melt it, add the garlic powder, asparagus, and chicken broth. Let it sit about 10 minutes, stirring every once in awhile. Season with pepper.

Slice steak and add asparagus and voila! Super easy steak and asparagus.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier