Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken

You guys! We made it through 2020! This is my final blog before the new year because I head to Utah the day after Christmas for almost a week. Well I'm glad I can end the blog off on a high note because this Teriyaki Chicken was so good. I made this for my boys a few nights ago and it did take some adjusting with the Air Fryer and all Air Fryers are different so I would look at your manual or Google the correct times for chicken for your specific air fryer. I have the Emeril one and I did three different batches in my Air Fryer. The first batch I did 370 degrees for 15 minutes and then flipped them over for 8 more minutes and the chicken was too hard. I then did 360 degrees for 15 minutes and then flipped them over for 8 more minutes and still kinda hard but better and then my last batch was 350 degrees for 15 minutes and then flipped over for 15 minutes and it was much better so you just have to kind of experiment a little bit. The original recipe was from Mommy Hates Cooking and can be found HERE

Ingredients:
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
cornstarch
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tbsp cornstarch


Directions:
Cut the chicken into cubed chunks and toss in a bowl with cornstarch - enough to coat the chicken evenly. 



Place in the Air Fryer according to your manual or the directions above if you have the same one I do. 


While the chicken is cooking, in a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, sugar, garlic powder and ginger. Whisk until combined. 



Bring to a low boil then whisk in the cornstarch until thickened. Remove from heat and let thicken up, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Once the chicken is cooked, scoop the chicken into the sauce and warm it up for about 2-3 minutes. The sauce will get thicker to coat the chicken better. Serve with rice, green beans, and garlic bread. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier