BEC Smashburger Recipe

So two days ago, Kevin told me about this BEC Smashburger and I asked him what a BEC was - Bacon, Egg and Cheese. If you can only imagine how amazing and delicious this would be. So I thought I would try it. I didn't plan on writing a blog about it because I already have a Smashburger blog HERE and HERE and didn't think it would be too different. Uh, I was wrong. This burger is MIND. BLOWING. It was literally the BEST Smashburger I have made before. So, since I didn't plan on making a blog post, I didn't take pictures until AFTER the Smashburger was done but it was super easy so here we go!

All you need really is Ground Beef (I bought one pound of ground beef and made 5 smashburgers with it), bacon, a few eggs, brioche hamburger buns, cheese slices, ketchup if you would like, and that's pretty much all it needs! 

What is a Smashburger you ask? Well all it is is a flattened patty. So what I do is divide up my ground beef, flatten the burger and then use the side of my hand to flatten it even more. Cook on a skillet for maybe 3-5 minutes on each side, season with salt, pepper, and a little bit of cayenne pepper, add a cheese slice, take off the skillet and set aside. I had about two pieces of bacon per Smashburger so you can cook the bacon while the patties are cooking if you would like. Just cook them on a skillet. I never spray the pan or use any type of oil as the bacon will form grease on its own. Toast the buns if you would like. In the same pan that you cooked the patties, since it's already on the heat, I used that to cook my egg over-easy. I let it sit, covered, on medium heat for about a minute, let it get a little hard and then flipped over. 

To prepare the Smashburger - Cover the buns with ketchup and then layer with the cheese patty, two pieces of bacon and the egg. Put the other bun on top and cut in half. Full on deliciousness. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier