Crockpot Chili Verde

Just like I mentioned last night, we are back on track with the healthier recipes. I went from eating pop-tarts (sometimes twice a day) to trying to eat better and it seems like I'm still gaining weight :/ It must be all that Halloween candy that I can't keep my hands off of. I didn't realize that four mini candy bars = one king size candy bar until I talked to my sister about it! Haha. Anyways, now that all the good candy is gone, back on track. 

Last night I made this Crockpot Chili Verde recipe from the same NMKidney website that last night's blog was from. You can find the original recipe HERE. When I think of Chili Verde, I think of my Mom's. She made the most delicious Chili Verde - I need to ask for her recipe because that is definitely something that I won't forget! Anyways, with this recipe, we used four pork chop loins (they actually did shred, I wasn't sure but the original recipe called for pork or pork loin chops and the chops worked well) and we didn't use onions.  

Ingredients:
Four pork loin chops
1 jar green salsa verde
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 cup beef broth
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced

Directions:
In a crockpot, add the pork chops and green chili verde sauce. Mix broth in cornstarch and add to crockpot with garlic powder and red chili flakes. 

Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred pork. Serve with rice and tortillas.  If you are like my fiance, you also can add Tapatio on top.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier