Healthy Brownies - Noom Recipe

Wow, what a week. I am so happy it's Friday, let me tell you. I just spent 5 hours doing errands today and it was way overdue - oil change, recycles, groceries, CVS, the UPS store. I'm exhausted but feel so accomplished today. 

Big changes have happened in my life lately including switching to Noom for my recipes and diet. This recipe was from Prevention magazine in the Noom app and it was for brownies. Now, these brownies are not going to taste like regular brownies because they are healthier. I thought they were delicious. Kevin....not so much :) The full recipe from Prevention can be found HERE. We did eliminate the salt because I don't ever add salt to my recipes.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour (we didn't have cake flour)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 egg white (you can do two)
3/4 cups monkfruit (not sugar)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp walnuts


Directions:
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, and baking powder. 

In a large bowl, whisk the egg and egg white until frothy. Whisk in monkfruit, oil, and vanilla extract until smooth. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet or pan with cooking spray. Gradually fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just blended. Pour into the pan and sprinkle with walnuts. 



Bake for 25 minutes and cool. Cut into squares. Serve with a glass of fat-free milk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier