Noom - Baked Chimichangas

I started Noom on April 1st, so almost 3.5 weeks ago. 

Successes:
*Down 3-4 pounds on average
*Can fit into shorts that I couldn't fit in pre-Noom
*Down from 2 coke zeros per day to 1
*Eating better, healthier, and being more aware of my food choices
*Decreased body fat and BMI
*Went from 3 protein bars per day down to 0-1 (thanks sister for recognizing this!)

Most of the meals I eat daily are from Noom which I absolutely love. I wanted to share some with you. This one is for Baked Chimichangas. This is one of the first recipes I made and I'm so glad I did. Jace (12 years old) loved them!

Ingredients:
8oz light cream cheese (room temperature)
8oz light pepperjack cheese, shredded
1.5 tbsp low sodium taco seasoning
1 pound chicken breast
Flour tortillas

Directions:
For the chicken to shred, I add it a crockpot with water or low sodium chicken broth and set on high for 4 hours. I then shred it and let it sit in the crockpot and cook for about 20-30 more minutes. 

In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, chicken, and taco seasoning in a bowl. 



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Divide and place chicken mix in the tortillas, tuck in the sides and roll each tortilla. Place seam down on a baking sheet (be sure to spray the sheet with PAM or cooking spray) and spray the top of the chimichangas with cooking oil and bake for 15 minutes. 


Flip and bake for 15 more minutes. 


*The only difference we made in this one compared to the original recipe was having a low sodium taco seasoning. We try to eliminate salt. The original recipe doesn't share how they shred the chicken so however you shred chicken should be fine. 

Enjoy! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier