Pepper Jack Cheese Keto Tacos

This is the second time I have made Keto Tacos ðŸŒ®ðŸŒ® - using cheese as the shell instead of a hard or soft tortilla. I am not a huge fan of heat but I tried these Pepper Jack Cheese Keto Tacos and WOW! They were amazing. Initially I made the tacos like mini tacos but then I made some larger ones.



The original recipe that I found is from Keto-Daily and can be found HERE. The two biggest things that I took from this recipe was the Pepper Jack Cheese shells and the homemade Keto Taco Seasoning. Our version is a little different and is below. Enjoy!

PS: I will never go back to non-cheese shells after this :)

Ingredients:
1 pound beef
12oz pepper jack cheese
3 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon parika
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1 tomato
shredded lettuce
salsa

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 2oz of shredded cheese onto a large, sprayed, baking sheet. If you want mini tacos, you can use half. You should be able to fit 2-6 on one baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes. The cheese should be bubbly and crispy.


If you have a taco stand, lay cheese in the stand. I had to innovate and took a cookie rack and sat it on top of two water bottles. Then I took one cheese shell at a time and placed over the cookie rack.


While the shells are hardening, you can prepare your topping. To make your own Taco Seasoning combine the cumin, chili powder, paprika, and onion powder and add to beef while cooking. Brown the beef over medium high. Chop up finely. Once the taco shells have been sitting for about 10 minutes, fill them with meat and toppings and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier