Cheddar Ranch Chicken Breasts

Do you ever feel like you have those days, months, or even years where things just aren't going the way you want? (Did anyone else sing the "Friends" song in their head, or just me?) The last 2.5 years for me have been super hard and a huge struggle. Not working full time during that time has taken a huge toll and COVID hitting has made things harder. It's been about 3 months and I finally heard from unemployment. Hoping things will start looking up!

I went to the store today so hopefully I will have some new recipes for you guys next week. We have been in our new place exactly 2 weeks so we are still trying to get settled. To say we love it here is an understatement. It is amazingly gorgeous. I'll show photos hopefully on my next blog. Last night I made this Cheddar Ranch Chicken. I thought it was super good - the only thing I would have done differently would have been to add more of the mixture on top of the chicken. Also, since we didn't have some of the ingredients, I looked at what other people used and formed this into my own. Original recipe can be found HERE. My version is below.

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally - so 4 total chicken slices
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp ranch dressing
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
PAM cooking spray



Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the chicken in a large baking dish - once sprayed with PAM. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing, onion and garlic powder, and half of the cheddar cheese. Spread on top of the chicken breasts.


Sprinkle panko and the remainder of the cheese on top.


Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier