Cheesy Potato Foil Packets

I'm baaaaaaaack.

I feel like I haven't blogged forever and let me tell you, things have been so so busy. I know I have semi-caught everyone up but I wanted to go back and just share what has happened this past month. So the beginning of May, Kevin and I went to Barstow and we were set on moving there. He had already gotten a job there and my job is remote so we went down there for about 4 days to see where exactly what we wanted to move to. I didn't really like Barstow or Victorville so we had our hearts set on Hesperia. We found a cute apartment that we both agreed on and decided to apply to. Unfortunately, we were not approved. We had a few other options but they all used the same rental company so we would have also been denied for the same reasons. That pretty much left us with the option to stay on the Central Coast.

We had already put in our 30 day notice before we left to Barstow and we didn't really want to stay there so I had spent weeks trying to find a place here. Our move-out date was May 22nd. At that point in time, there were two places we could move to - a mobile home in Bradley that we had looked at - or we had already gotten approved for an apartment in Atascadero. We both had our mind set on the mobile home. We saw it earlier and fell in love with it! And we got along really well with the owners. But after more than a week, we had heard nothing back from them. By the 22nd, we ended up having to move in with Kevin's Mom until we figured out where to go. A few days of being there, we got news that we got approved for the mobile home. We were so excited. This home is on 62 acres and has an amazing view of Lake Nacimento. We stayed at Kevin's Mom's house (Rayetta) for 15 days. It was on the army base and didn't have my car so I stayed at home and worked most of the day. I cooked a little bit and did some errands every once in awhile. Overall, it was nice and peaceful.

On June 10th, we moved into the mobile home. You guys! It is amazing. The view is phenomenal, it is so beyond peaceful, it feels like a home, it has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths so I now have my own office. I am so glad that we ended up staying here and that we were patient enough to hear back from them. Now it has been all about unpacking. I hope we are here for the long haul.

I won't do a huge grocery shop until Friday but, until then, I will probably be giving you a blog or two. We had some potatoes leftover so last night I made these cheesy potatoes in foil packets. They seem best for camping but we had the Teriyaki Chicken in the Air Fryer so I decided to make these potatoes on the side. The original recipe was from HERE. Our measurements were a little bit different since we made 3 packets (one for each of us) and we always replace onions with onion powder.

Ingredients:
6 small potatoes, peeled and diced
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tsp onion powder
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dill weed



Directions:
Prepare 3 aluminum foil sheets. Peel and dice potatoes. Place two small potatoes on an aluminum foil sheet. Add 1 Tbsp butter on top of the potatoes and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Season potatoes with salt and pepper and top with dill weed.


Bring the longer sides of sheet foil together and make a big 1" fold to close to steam. Close the shorter sides. Place foil packets on a large baking sheet.


Set the oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes. The potatoes should be soft. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 2 more minutes.


Serve with garlic bread and chicken.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier