Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches

It's been awhile since I have been able to share what I have been up to so I'll sum it up:

- Due to COVID, after 9 months, I finally received unemployment on Christmas Day
- I lost my job yesterday so I'm currently unemployed and looking for full-time work
- I was able to go to Utah to visit my family the last week of 2020 and it was amazing
- After 7 months of living in our new place, we finally ordered a 65" TV for our living room and I'm so excited
- I purchased a stationary bike so I can workout more with my sister and once I get it set up, literally no excuses for my health
- I literally just binge-watched season 1 of "Are You the One" on Netflix between yesterday and this morning 
- Boyfriend bought me a new laptop which is so awesome because mine has been broken for years so I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this new laptop out
- Expect more blogs from me as I have more time on my hands :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------

The original recipe for the Pulled Pork is a Texas Style. The original recipe can be found HERE from Insanely Good Recipes - and I have to say this one was insanely good. Just like chicken, I can be picky with pork as well. This pulled pork was so full of flavor and I'm excited to share it with you! We used a Boneless Pork Butt instead of a Pork Shoulder and onion and garlic powder instead of an actual onion and garlic. Everything else was pretty much the same as the linked recipe. We served this with green beans and french fries but you can have whatever sides you normally would with a sandwich/burger. If you try this (and trust me, you want to!) let me know in the comments below! 

Ingredients:
1 tsp vegetable oil
3 lb boneless pork butt
1 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth 
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano (or basil or thyme)
Hamburger buns


Directions:
Pour vegetable oil in the slow cooker. Place the pork into the slow cooker, turning to coat in the oil. 

Add in the BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth and stir. 


Add in the brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and oregano. 

Mix everything together, turning the pork to coat. Put the lid on and cook on high for six hours. I was able to pull the pork completely apart around 5 1/2 hours. Keep in the crockpot for the full six hours. 

Toast the hamburger buns and place the pork in between the buns. Add extra BBQ if you would like or butter the buns if you would like. Serve with green beans, french fries, or any other sides. Enjoy! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier