Crispy Chicken Parmesan Bake and Cast Iron Skillet

I finally invested in a Cast Iron Skillet. I went to Target the other day to get it and the lady at the cash register asked if this was my first Cast Iron Skillet, as if it were a child. She said I would love it and I can make anything in it. The first thing that I made was this Chicken Parmesan Bake. I loved it! I made it more like four individual chicken pieces but you can overlap them in the pan and turn it into an actual bake. The original recipe was found in my Tasty recipe book but it can also be found online HERE.

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
salt
pepper
onion powder
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 cups marinara sauce
mozzarella cheese, shredded or slices
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
basil
vegetable oil for frying

Directions:
Cut the chicken breasts in half widthwise to make four thin breasts. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and onion powder.




Coat the chicken in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs. 




Pour oil in the cast iron skillet to come 1/4 inch up from the side. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry both sides until brown, flipping halfway through, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. 


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish. Pour the marinara over the chicken followed by the two cheeses. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bubbling. Serve with basil. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier