Mediterranean White Chicken Enchilada Recipe

Although I have been trying out the Nutrisystem diet, I couldn't help but have a taste of these Mediterranean White Chicken Enchiladas. And.....I even had seconds. Luckily I didn't feel too guilty as the sauce was made from Greek Yogurt and other ingredients and not a Marinara or red sauce. I was a little leery when I started cooking it but I have to say these were really really really good. Here is the original recipe: https://diethood.com/mediterranean-white-chicken-enchiladas/

We aren't a "pepper" family so we did remove those but I did use some Red Pepper Flakes and it tasted just as good :)

Ingredients:
olive oil (as much as needed)
3-4 cups shredded chicken
2 cups cheese (any type of shredded cheese that you prefer)
8 flour tortillas
red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup greek yogurt (I just used vanilla)
pepper
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (from the packet)
parsley

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and add shredded chicken and cook until heated through.

**For the shredded chicken I ended up boiling the chicken breasts (two) in a pot. I put in enough water to cover the chicken. Once boiled, I simmered the chicken for about 20 minutes. I then removed the chicken, shredded it and then put it in the skillet with olive oil.



Remove from heat and stir in one cup of cheese. Divide the chicken mixture evenly in the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place in the prepared pan and set aside. Add butter to pan and melt. Whisk in flour followed by chicken broth until sauce is smooth and thickened. Stir in the yogurt. Stir in pepper flakes, pepper, Italian seasoning and parsley. Mix through or whisk until combined. Remove from heat and pour the sauce over the rolled tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 22 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Remove from heat and serve.


8 year old Jace said, "Two thumbs up" with this type of meal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier