Lettuce-Wrapped Cheeseburgers in Cast-Iron Skillet

Today is Wednesday and as of Monday, I am down 2.4 pounds in two days. If you have been following my blog, you probably know that my boyfriend and I love food. I love to cook. I love bacon. I love cheese. But I have also been gaining weight. SO my boyfriend and I decided we want to change up the way we eat. Yesterday I made these "Iceburgers" which are the cheeseburgers with lettuce instead of hamburger buns. There was also a little bit of ranch dressing. It was like we still had a delicious meal without the carbs. The original recipe was from Delish and our version is below. It turned out REALLY good, especially if you love cheeseburgers, bacon, and everything that goes with that!

Ingredients:
1 head of iceberg lettuce
4 slices of bacon
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1 pound ground beef
Salt
Pepper
5 slices of cheese
1 tomato
5 tablespoons ranch dressing




Directions:
Slice 5 large rounds from the edges of the iceberg lettuce to create buns. You can also use two separate lettuce rounds; one for the top and one for the bottom. Cook bacon until crispy and transfer to a plate. Shape ground beef into 5 large burger patties. Season patties with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and italian seasoning. Cook until seared on both sides, about 5-10 minutes per side. Top each patty with a slice of cheese and let sit 1-2 minutes until melted.

To build the burger, top one iceberg round with cheeseburger, bacon, tomato, and drizzle ranch on top. Top with second iceberg round. Enjoy!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier