Chicken Parmesan with Pasta in the Cast-Iron Skillet

I haven't been feeling too well the past few days but still managed to make dinner tonight (last night we did Taco Bell - I know, so much for a diet! But I still am almost at my lowest weight since June 28th so a little taco didn't hurt). Tonight we had Chicken Parmesan with Pasta in the Cast-Iron Skillet. The original recipe was found HERE and our own version is below.

There are three appliances that I LOVE and I know I have mentioned this before - my crockpot, my cast-iron skillet and my air fryer! Such is life as an adult, right?!

Anyways, this recipe wasn't super hard and not at all time consuming. It took me maybe 30 minutes to make this. I would say difficulty level was Medium. It required more steps but not a lot of time. I will definitely be making this again. I especially love the pasta! We only had macaroni shells and it worked perfectly. I cooked it to tender and just added Parmesan cheese, vegetable oil, and pepper. I laid the chicken on top of it. Delicious. ðŸ˜‹ðŸ˜‹

Ingredients:
- 1/2 bag of macaroni shells (or any dry pasta of your choice)
- 1 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in half horizonatally
- 24oz jar of marinara sauce
- 3 Swiss Cheese (or Parmesan/Mozzarella cheese slice for the top), cut in half
- Additional vegetable oil and Parmesan cheese to toss with cooked pasta

Directions:
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Prepare pasta according to package to tender, about 8 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, rosemary, and oregano. Set aside. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Set aside.

Coat the bottom of a cast-iron skillet with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and place over medium-high heat. When it gets hot, set the chicken in the skillet for about 3 minutes per side. As the chicken cooks, season each side with the seasoning mixture.


After 3 minutes per side and the chicken has browned, pour the marinara sauce in the skillet. Top each piece of chicken with some of the sauce as well followed by a thin slice of swiss cheese or other cheese slice. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, the cheese has melted, and bread crumb topping is browned.


Once the pasta is done, toss with vegetable oil, Parmesan Cheese and pepper.


Serve the chicken over the pasta. Adding sides aren't necessary as this meal is filling enough. Enjoy!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier