Keto Fat Head Pizza Crust - Pepperoni and Two Cheese

When money runs low, you resort to creating recipes using things you already have in your cabinets. I decided to make this Fat Head Pizza Crust (which I have made before) but was a little bit hesitant because I had to substitute two of the items in the original recipe. Even with the substitutes, I LOVED this pizza crust! It was amazing. So yes, you can make this based off of what you already have at home. And if you don't have pepperoni slices, just make a cheese pizza! I was lucky enough to have marinara sauce, a few pieces of pepperoni and two different types of cheeses to use for the topping but you can top the crust with whatever toppings you would like.

Some of you have asked about resources and where I go for low carb meals. I have been in this Low Carb group on Facebook for the past few months and it's phenomenal. Not only do I find a lot of recipe ideas on there but I get to see before/after photos and get ideas for my next blog posts! If you are considering a low carb or Keto diet, I highly recommend joining this group!

Have any of you tried the Egg fast? I have been dwelling on that the past week or so. My understanding is when your weight loss stalls, you can do an egg fast to help lose weight. I am considering a 3-day egg fast. I feel that the biggest ingredient in a low carb diet is eggs. I have been trying to stock up on eggs since most of the recipes I have found on the low carb diet requires eggs, including this Keto Fat Head Pizza Crust. Unfortunately, we just ran out of eggs a few days ago so that was one of my substitutes. You can read more about this substitute below.

Anyways, back to the recipe, the original recipe was just a photo with the recipe on it below. I don't know who owns the photo so if you do, please let me know so I can provide proper credit.


Since I was out of eggs and almond flour, below is my recipe:

Ingredients:
1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup Quinoa Flour (Click HERE for the one I use on Amazon)
2 Tbsp cream cheese
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Roasted Garlic Powder and Onion Powder to taste


Directions:
Set oven to 425 F degrees. Put mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwavable bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir and put back in microwave for 30 seconds. 


Stir in Quinoa Flour. In a small bowl, mix together the baking soda and apple cider vinegar and pour into the bowl with the cheeses and flour. Spray a baking sheet or wipe with vegetable oil. Wet hands and spread "dough" thin on the baking sheet. I also used a rolling pin to help roll out the dough and it worked perfect. Poke holes with a fork in the dough to prevent bubbling. Sprinkle with roasted garlic powder and onion powder.


Put in oven for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes is up, check to see if there are any bubbles and if there are, poke them with a fork. Cook for 3-4 more minutes. Take out and immediately top with your favorite toppings. I made two pizzas - the first was pepperoni and cheese and the second was double cheese. Cook for 8 more minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy!




If it's not luxurious, it's OK. It's not meant to be luxurious, just delicious. If you make this recipe, let me know your thoughts below. If you make my substitution recipe, I would love to hear your thoughts on that one as well! 🍕🍕🍕🍕

Also, if you haven't already entered, I have a "100,000 Views" Giveaway contest going on on my blog right now! I have extended the date so if you love Target and fun items, click HERE to enter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier