Chicken Fried Rice

With Thanksgiving a week away in an era of COVID, I'm just curious - what are all of your Thanksgiving plans? Kevin and I are going to have our first Thanksgiving together, just him and I! Jace will be in Vegas with his Nana and they will be seeing his Uncle out there so it'll just be the two of us. We have a huge menu planned out so hopefully I can share some Thanksgiving recipes with you guys. I also have off next Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday! I think Wednesday and Thursday will just be cooking days. I'm not sure what the rest of the week will look like. 

Anyways, before I talk too much about Thanksgiving, I wanted to share this Chicken Fried Rice recipe with you guys. Yes, I have made this before and not too long ago but we made a few changes including using brown rice instead of white/jasmine, and larger ingredient measurements. I actually made my first Instagram Reel video creating this recipe. You can watch that HERE. This original recipe you can find HERE. See the full recipe with changes and updates below. We almost doubled the recipe so the measurements will be different in this recipe as well. We also didn't use green onions and replaced the garlic cloves with garlic powder.

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked brown rice (I used the instant rice)
1.4 lbs boneless chicken breast, diced into 3/4 in pieces
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp canola oil
2/3 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
3 large eggs
4 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper, for taste

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat 1/2 of the sesame oil and 1/2 of the canola oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper and saute until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside. Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add the other half of the canola and sesame oil, and add the peas and carrots. Saute 1 minute, add garlic powder and onion powder and saute one more minute. Push the vegetables to the edge of the pan, add the eggs and cook and scramble. Cook the rice and return the chicken and rice to the skillet. Add soy sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with vegetables or toast. Enjoy! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier