Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Rice Recipe

You would think my days off work would consist of sleeping in and doing nothing. Wrong. I always end up being more busy than during the week. Tomorrow is my day off and I have to take Jace to get his final immunizations, have a check-up and go to the grocery store to stock up on some Thanksgiving food. I decided to write two blogs in one day because I don't know if I will have time tomorrow or even this weekend to write more. 

I know my last blog talked a little bit about Thanksgiving but Kevin and I put together our list of food we are hoping to buy for Thanksgiving dinner. It's a lot of food for two people but we enjoy Thanksgiving dinner and looking forward to our time together. Below is our list and if you have any other ideas, please feel free to add to it! I also plan on putting some recipes together next week so hopefully I can do that before Thanksgiving passes:

Turkey
Glazed Ham
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Turkey Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
French Style Green Beans
Corn
Cornbread
Collard Greens
Apple Cider
Macaroni & Cheese
Bread Rolls
Deviled Eggs
Sweet Potatoes
Catfish Filet (don't ask haha)
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped Cream

The recipes I will probably create for you guys - the Macaroni and Cheese, Deviled Eggs, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Bean Casserole. If you would like to see any other recipes or have any you want to share, please comment below!

Now back to this recipe, creamy chicken and rice - literally one of my favorite meals. We really started eating this when we lived with Kevin's Mom but I changed it a little bit. That one used Cream of Mushroom Soup and in this recipe we used Cream of Chicken. I pulled this recipe from HERE. I couldn't find an Italian Dressing dry mix so I combined actual Italian Dressing and Italian Seasoning and it worked perfect. My version of this recipe is below.

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup Italian dressing
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
8oz pack of Cream Cheese


Directions:
In a crockpot, mix together the butter, Italian seasoning, Italian dressing, and cream of chicken soup. 

Add in the chicken breasts. Cook on low for 5 hours. Shred the chicken and add cream cheese. 


Mix and continue cooking another 30-45 minutes. Serve over Jasmine Rice. I love this recipe because it is SO simple, so creamy and such a perfect meal for the winter weather. If you make this recipe, please let me know below. I would love to hear your thoughts! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier