Crockpot Pork Ribs

I have never cooked legit, non-boneless ribs in a crockpot before so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. One thing I did not do which I should have was taken the fat off the ribs beforehand. Also, this recipe wasn't a "fall-off-the-bone" type, it was more of meat staying on the bone so if you like that, that's what to expect. Jace absolutely LOVED these (see photo below) and had like 3-4 of them. I had two. Next time though I would prefer grilling or baking. They were SUPER easy to make though. I didn't have cumin so I removed that from the dry rub and I also am not a huge fan of salt so I used 1/2 tsp instead of 1 tsp. I used 3 rib racks and half of a bottle of BBQ sauce instead of 1/2 cup. My full recipe is below. Let me know if you make these and what your thoughts are! The original recipe can be found HERE

Ingredients:
3 pork rib racks (small enough to fit in a crockpot)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 bottle (or more) of BBQ Sauce


Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients (everything except the rib racks and BBQ sauce). 


Cut the ribs so they will fit in your slow cooker and massage the dry rub into them. Be sure to peel off the fat layers. Rub both sides with the rub ingredients, nestle them into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours. 

Take the BBQ sauce and pour it all over the ribs and cook for another 45-60 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes, vegetables, or toast. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier