Chicken Fried Chicken

I made this Chicken Fried Chicken a few nights ago but just now getting to post because...well...summer. I actually had the chance to go to the California Mid-State Fair both Friday and Saturday. I haven't been to the fair since 2017. Boyfriend and I had tickets to the Demi Lovato concert in 2018 but ended up selling them and last year the fair was cancelled due to COVID. We had the opportunity to spend a few hours there yesterday and it was SO fun! I forgot how fun fairs are. I took Jace there on Friday and he had a blast with riding rides and playing games. It's an expensive trip but totally worth it! 

Anyways, Friday night I made this Chicken Fried Chicken recipe because nothing is better than homemade Fried Chicken, am I right? It is definitely a messy recipe but if you cook at home, this is one that your whole family will love! The original recipe that I used can be found HERE. I did not make the gravy that is in the recipe, we just purchased a gravy packet. 

Ingredients:
6 thin sliced chicken breasts (I took two HUGE chicken breasts and cut them into 1/3rds)
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1 tbsp hot sauce
Vegetable oil for frying (about 1/2 of a container)



Directions:
Heat oil in a large skillet on the stove. Set to medium and let it get hot for about 5-7 minutes. The best way to know when it's hot enough is by flicking some water on the oil. If it sizzles, it's ready. 

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper and garlic powder. In another bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg and hot sauce. 


Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and then dip it in the egg mixture and then back in the flour mixture. Place in the skillet and fry each side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Pat with paper towel and serve with homemade mashed potatoes and gravy. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier