The BEST homemade Banana bread

My plan was to make banana bread a few nights ago but I didn't have my bread pan washed so I made it last night instead. I am so glad I did. I didn't have eggs or buttermilk like you typically need for banana bread so I used some replacements - vegetable oil, baking powder, milk and lemon juice. The full recipe is below. I hope you love this just as much as I do! 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large bananas, mashed
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp water
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice and let sit for a few minutes. Preheat oven to 325. Mix together the 3/4 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until combined. In another bowl, combine the vegetable oil, water and baking powder and mix to combine. Add in the two bananas and the bowl of vegetable oil (egg replacement). In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture and the milk/lemon juice mixture alternatively 2-3 times. Bake in a regular bread pan at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. If it's not done at that point, cook another 10 minutes. Enjoy with butter or just by itself! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier