Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I was supposed to write this one a few days ago as well but things have been so crazy busy that I barely have time for blogging anymore. This weekend Kevin and I were able to take a drive down to Santa Cruz together which was a nice experience because 1. We never go on dates anymore - just us and 2. We have never been to Santa Cruz together. The last time I was there was when my Dad was alive (20+ years ago) and Nana and Papa were there too. We went to the Santa Cruz boardwalk and I have so many memories and fun times there. I also have photos of us going on the log ride so that was my #1 goal was to go to the Boardwalk and ride the log ride. Unfortunately the log ride was closed :( And we also ended up only staying at the Boardwalk for less than an hour. Parking was ridiculous, prices there were ridiculous and they didn't have individual ride tickets :( They only had a $60 day pass which was outrageous - especially since I only wanted to ride that one ride and we didn't even show up until after 4pm. So we decided to go to a Hawaiian BBQ place for dinner, went to Boardwalk Bowl for a few competitive games of bowling, and then ordered an after-dinner Oreo shake :) Tomorrow is back to the grind. 

Back to the recipe, a Potato Soup recipe actually has a story behind it. A Potato Soup recipe is why I switched my blog from my sappy blog posts and stories of my life...to a food blog. I created this Easy Potato Soup recipe blog back in 2018 and I currently have 201,486 total views on it and since it was an extremely high viewed blog, I decided to switch most of my blogging efforts to food recipes. Still, to this day, it's my most popular blog post. I have almost 400,000 total views on my blog so that one takes up more than half of the views. I wrote another Potato Soup recipe since then but it didn't do as well so here is to hoping that the third try is the charm! 

This one ended up really thin like baby food because I put it in the blender so I would recommend after you put it in the crockpot, put it in a blender but watch it carefully and don't blend it for more than three seconds at a time. This recipe is a healthy Potato Soup recipe and can be found HERE. We did not use onions or onion powder (I'm out) or celery. We also used That's Amore instead of Thyme. 

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup diced carrots
4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
3 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp That's Amore 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups milk

Directions:
Add everything to the crockpot except for the milk. Set the crockpot on high for six hours. After six hours, add milk. Let sit for 30 more minutes. Pour mixture into a blender and blend, three seconds at a time until it reaches a smooth consistency. Top with cheese. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier