Oven Baked Chicken Breast

I started a full-time job two days ago and I'm quite surprised that I have still made the time to cook every night. I am trying to learn more about work/life balance and I have already taken a webinar about parenting and making time to separate yourself from work and focusing on your children, spouse, and others around you. 

Although I have still had time for cooking, I have been putting blogging off so I'm going to try and do better. I made this recipe last night and we used the twice baked potato filling (I'll share that recipe next) as a heated up side and it was amazing. If you have read any of my food blogs, you would know that I am very picky when it comes to chicken breast recipes. I tend to overcook chicken and it doesn't end up tasting good so when Kevin sent me this recipe, I was a little hesitant. This chicken is full of flavor and is tender although it is still Oven Baked. The original recipe was pulled from HERE. Since I tend to make more of low-sodium dishes, I removed the salt and replaced it with Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Chicken Grilling Blends (we use this often on our chicken!) and I used Paprika Powder instead of Paprika.  

Ingredients:
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp Paprika Powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Chicken Grilling Blends 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced in half horizontally
1 tbsp olive oil

---------------------

Optional: 
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp basil

---------------------

Directions:
Use a knife to cut each chicken breast in half - so you now have six small chicken fillets. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika powder, thyme, Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder. 



Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with PAM or spray. Transfer chicken to the baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil and rub seasoning over the chicken. 


Bake for 18 minutes. While chicken is in the oven, you can put together the optional ingredients. On the stove melt butter in a pot. Add garlic powder and basil. Remove from heat and pour over chicken Set the oven to Broil and broil for 3 more minutes. Remove from pan and let rest five minutes before serving. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier