Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Happy Halloween weekend! I hope you guys have fun plans! Tonight we took Jace to an event on the military base where they had street tacos, a bounce house, a haunted house, trunk or treating and a trunk or treating decorating contest. Jace had SO much fun. He dressed up as a Fortnite character. He asked me if I wanted to go in the haunted house with him. I HATE scary things - scary movies, scary everything - but somehow, he convinced me. Let me tell you....I was screaming every second and I was legit scared. They did a great job, I'll tell you what. 

Anyways, it has been such a busy week. With working full-time now, I am still trying to figure out how to better manage my time. It seems like the same thing everyday....but I absolutely LOVE my job. It took me nine months to find so I am super grateful. 

I typically cook still 5-6 times per week and this week I made a homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. This was such a perfect weeknight meal because it was a little cooler this week (except tonight - it was 86!). If you are looking for a crockpot meal - which I try to make often because with work, it makes my day so much easier - this one is perfect! We served ours with Triscuits but, of course, you can use Saltines or any type of cracker if you would like. The original recipe can be found HERE. We did not use onion, celery, garlic cloves, thyme sprigs, bay leaves, or lemon wedges. We also used garlic powder instead of garlic and less measurements of chicken broth. 

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 carrot, diced
1 tbsp garlic powder
3 cups chicken broth
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
10oz regular wide egg noodles

Instructions:
Add all ingredients to a crockpot except the egg noodles. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until you can shred the chicken. With 10 minutes left, add the egg noodles and cook until noodles are soft. Serve with Saltines or crackers. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier