Homemade Chili Cheese Dogs

Does anyone get thrown off when Facebook and Instagram are both down? I think because most of my business is social media driven, it completely throws me off and makes me frustrated at times ;) It's hard to share a recipe or even my glitter tumblers when social media channels aren't working but it's OK...I will survive :) Anyways...

Yesterday Kevin wanted Chili Cheese Dogs but since we are eating a lower sodium diet, I decided to make a homemade chili instead of the canned chili. I purchased a Chili seasoning packet and used the recipe on the back. 


This recipe was super easy. I used 70/30 ground beef, 1 cup water, 1 can red kidney beans, 1 can diced tomatoes with chilis, and 1 package of the Lawry's Chili Spices & Seasonings Mix. I combined them all in a crockpot, on high for 3-4 hours. 

I cooked the hot dogs on the stove initially until they were a little bit burnt. I added them to a cold hot dog bun, put the chili on top and put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. 

See how easy?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier