Beef Enchiladas

Life is all about balance, right? Last night we had Beef Enchiladas - homemade - with a recipe from NW Kidney that can be found HERE. Being a "healthier" recipe, I didn't know what to expect but I was more than surprised on how good these turned out. PLUS, I dropped 1.5 pounds overnight. Although I can't guarantee weight loss, I typically lose weight when I switch over to DaVita or kidney-friendly recipes. 

In this recipe I used onion powder in place of an onion and garlic powder in place of garlic. I didn't want to use small corn tortillas because they fall apart so I found some Handmade Style Tortillas that were made from a blend of white and wheat corn. Will definitely buy again!

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
2 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
Black pepper for taste
1 tbsp garlic powder
6 Handmade Style Tortillas
1 can enchilada sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
Four Cheese blend, to top

Directions:
Brown the meat in a frying pan. Add onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Stir for a few minutes until seasonings are combined and meat is brown. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In another pan, fry the tortillas in a small amount of oil. Set aside. Pour enchilada sauce in a big bowl or pan. 


Dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce until it's covered. Fill the tortilla up with meat mixture and roll up. Place enchilada in a pan and top with the remainder sauce and cheese. Bake about 5 minutes - until cheese is melted and enchiladas are golden. Serve with toppings of your choice. We included homemade Spanish Rice and refried beans. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier